Set phasers to “LOVE ME.”
As a kid, there may have been times when you were a little aimless or confused.
Maybe even a little lonely.
But along came this guy!
Jean-Luc Picard, Federation Starfleet Captain of the USS Enterprise NCC-1701-D!
Prime dad material.
Captain, diplomat, archaeologist, role model, and your primetime television father.
Silly Picard, aliens don’t shake hands!
1. You made an instant connection with him.
Your minds were as one.
2. He was diligent and hard-working.
I mean, just look at that space-iPad.
3. And stern, always well-composed.
The shirt tug that means business.
4. A cultured man, raised on a vineyard in France.
Though he spent most of his time making model starships.
5. With way more life experience than any adult in the REAL world.
How many dads do YOU know survived the Borg, lived an entire lifetime in 25 minutes, and had their mind linked with a Vulcan’s for all eternity?
6. The kind of space-dad you could really brag to your friends about.
“Will you adopt me?”
7. He could be a little grumpy and intimidating at times.
8. But he also had a sense of humor.
Classic dad humor.
9. He led an exciting life, exploring the universe and generally being magnificent.
10. But also had a reserved, introspective side that just made you more curious about him.
Fights aliens AND drinks tea.
11. The more you craved his love, the more he withheld it!
Just like a real dad.
12. He taught you a code of ethics that would carry you across galaxies.
The Prime Directive is applicable in all situations.
13. He was there for you when you thought the universe was against you.
14. He inspired you to be a better human.
Ever the reluctant role model.
15. He taught you to appreciate music…
Even if you resented getting dragged to piano lessons growing up.
Those ancient things called “books”.
Sidenote: This is also the family you always wanted.
18. …And life in all different forms.
No judgements in space!