Not everyone was a lesbian.
1. Stereotype: It was like one big sexy schoolgirl catwalk.
Ealing Studios / Via film-day.blogspot.co.uk
Reality: There were no boys, so no one gave a shit what they looked like.
Capitol / Via gifrific.com
2. Stereotype: It was super bitchy.
Paramount Pictures / Via giphy.com
Reality: Less boys = less to bitch about.
Oxygen / Via giphy.com
We spent our time snacking instead.
3. Stereotype: There were full-on cat fights.
MGM / Via giphy.com
Reality: Not really. More often there were just crying heart-to-hearts.
FOX / Via teen.com
4. Stereotype: Everyone was lesbian.
Reality: OK statistically it makes sense there were more lesbians. In any case, lesbian gossip was the BEST gossip.
FOX / Via glee.wikia.com
5. Stereotype: The lesbians had sex in the toilet.
Showtime / Via shadowofreflection.tumblr.com
Reality: Ew no, who would do that?
Warner Brothers / Via teen.com
6. Stereotype: You didn’t meet any boys until university.
Reality: You met SOME boys on the bus.
FOX / Via uncommon-courtesy.com
7. Stereotype: Feminism was on your curriculum.
Reality: Too right. But we only realised we needed it when we left.
Touchstone pictures / Via collegecandy.com
8. Stereotype: Everyone thinks they are fat and just eats salad.
Creative Commons / Via Flo Perry
Reality: For every girl who loves salad, there are 50 who love cake.
HBO / Via theberry.com
They are all in the queue for the tuck shop at 4.01 pm.
9. Stereotype: Without boys there are no distractions and everyone works really hard.
Paramount pictures / Via laughloveliveitall.wordpress.com
Reality: Without boys, girls are the ones making fart jokes on the back row.
Paramount Pictures / Via wifflegif.com
10. Stereotype: Everyone was very sexually frustrated.
NBC / Via goodreads.com
Reality: All teenagers were sexually frustrated. At girls’ school we channeled this energy into making ‘man walls’ in the sixth form common room.
11. Stereotype: When someone got a boyfriend it was a big deal.
Reality: It was a MASSIVE deal. And everyone knew all the details.
NBC / Via gamerswithjobs.com
12. Stereotype: People are always talking about their period.
FOX / Via giphy.com
Reality: Yep, ALL THE TIME.
13. Stereotype: You wished you went to a mixed school.
Walt Disney / Via casparlee-rp.tumblr.com
Paramount Pictures / Via survivingcollege.com